Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet the new Design Team Members!

Here are a few things about the NEW Design Team Members here at Scraptacular!!

Here's Heather!!
I'm Heather Garl from Berks County, PA! I'm wife to Joe, stepmother to Samantha (12) & Casey (10), and mother to Mikayla (6) & Alexis (3) ~ yes you read that right.....FOUR GIRLS! I work side by side with my husband at our machine shop and hope one day to retire young and just scrapbook and craft! (insert laugh here) Some of my layouts and crafts are posted on my blog at www.scrapbookingsmiles.blogspot.com, but more often I use it for a family events journal.

~ What makes your heart sing in scrapbooking and creating?
I love the ME time I have with scrapbooking. My favorite thing is to look through an album, look at a layout, and just grin ear to ear or laugh out loud as I recall a memory. I hope my children have the same enjoyment in the years to come when they look back at the memories.

~ Where do you draw inspiration from?
I enjoy visited blogs for scrapbooking ideas and photography ideas. I like to take an idea from a layout, whether it is a technique, a combination of colors, or a layout sketch and make it my own. Change something to put my own touch on it. I, also, subscribe to a few magazines and my goal is to be published in each one!

~ Favorites in the industry (products, people, things like that)
Anything on SALE...LOL! I love to find a good deal! I'm familiar with lots of names in the industry and like different styles that are out there, but I like a little of each. I try not to limit my style, I'll try anything once.

~ Favorite color(s)
My favorite color is ORANGE. Favorite combinations....orange, blue, & green...brown & pink....pink & green

~ Likes/dislikes (can be scrappy/artsy, can be anything!)
I like to spend fun time with my girls, not just rushing from one event to the next. I like to read a good book or solve a tough brain teaser/math puzzle. I love to laugh! I dislike lazy, rude, nonintelligent (stupid) people.



And then we have....

Anneliese!!!
My name is Anneliese, but most know me by, or call me Liese, or amgrassi on the forum.  I live in Reading, PA with my 2 beautiful lil girls, & my husband of almost 10 years & love of my life.  You can find me blogging at:  queen-of-the-crop.blogspot.com

~ What makes your heart sing in scrapbooking and creating?  I love when I  can carry my craftiness over into other aspects of my life.  For example, I made a "pin the kiss on the frog" game for my daughters b-day party, & I also made her cakes myself.  A Tiana cake & a frog cake.  But what really makes my "heart sing" is when my daughters come into my scrappy area & say, "Mommy, can I craft with you?"  That fills my heart with joy!

~ Where do you draw inspiration from?  I get my inspiration mostly from sketches, but I also love my magazines, online galleries, & online crops/challenges.  Challenges allow me to do things that I haven't tried yet, or would not have thought of myself.

~ Favorites in the industry (products, people, things like that):  My fave scrappy things are Basic Grey papers, Thickers, Stickles, flowers, & Cats Eye inks. I'm sure there are a few others in there, but those are the things that I just could not live without!!

~ Favorite color(s):  My favorite color is green, however, my favorite colors to scrap are browns & pinks.  But it truly depends on my mood & the pics I am scrapping. I do all colors.

~ Likes/dislikes (can be scrappy/artsy, can be anything!):  Besides scrapping, I love to read, watch movies, spend time with my girls & husband, be outside, & enjoy the wildlife in my yard. Chocolate & coffee are 2 things that I don't think I could live with out. My favorite food is German, which I don't get nearly enough. Since getting a Wii for Christmas for the family, we love playing it together. ....I totally HATE it when 2 socks are in the laundry & I don't have a matched set when I am done! Where exactly does that other sock go??

~ What else can you tell us about you?  (Here's your spot to shine!):  I worked as a travel agent for 16+ years prior to having my daughter, prematurely, at which point we decided I should stay home to care for her.  I am now a SAHM, but do independent contractor work for large call centers, mainly Travelocity (so I am back in the travel industry), at home on my own schedule.  This is an awesome opportunity, given the fact that my husband travels quite often, & I can schedule my hours around his travel schedule. In the fall, I will also be watching a little boy (18 months) on a full time basis.  ....A little secret....I turn 40 this year.  The funny thing is, that doesn't bother me as much as my daughter just turning 5 & starting kindergarten in the fall!  I cannot stop crying over this!!  It is a fact of life, something that happens to all Americans with children, but boy am I having a hard time with this! 


And also Ilene!!
Hi everyone, my name is Ilene Tell and my blog is What a Bunch of Scrap! (http://whatabunchofscrap.blogspot.com). I live in DE, but I was born and raised in snowy Russia. I am married to my best friend and we have two gorgeous kids - a girl and a boy (yep, I'm lucky that I get to do boy and girl LO's!).

~ What makes your heart sing in scrapbooking and creating?
I love to create. I have always drawn and painted and I have tried out many other creative pastimes/hobbies. I also love to write. It's hard to describe what I love about the creative process, other than this need I have to do it. I fell in love with scrapbooking especially because it allows me to create art, while at the same time preserving beautiful memories. I also allows me to combine several mediums and incorportate writing as well. And it has so many pretty papers and embellies - how can one not fall in love!

~ Where do you draw inspiration from?
When I set out to do a page, I get inspired by the photos themselves. I also let the paper inspire me, so that I create something new and different each time. And of course browsing galleries and seeing all the amazing talent out there pushes me to do the best I can do each time.

~ Favorites in the industry (products, people, things like that)
I love it all. Seriously. I really do! That's why my scrap room looks more like a store than a room :) I really love Webster's Pages, Graphic45, 3Birds, ZVA Creative and Prima, Basic Greay, Maya Road, Sasafras Lass, Cosmo Cricket, Tattered Angels, 7Gypsies, and everything else. I hoard!!

~ Favorite color(s)
My favorite color is purple - I just wish I was able to scrap more with it! It seems like there are very few papers that are purple out there.

~ Likes/dislikes (can be scrappy/artsy, can be anything!)
At the risk of sounding slightly insane, I do have a button phobia. You will NOT be seeing buttons on my LO's! With the exception of Nikki Sivils Burlap Buttons...but then again, those are more like stickers :)

~ What else can you tell us about you?  (Here's your spot to shine!)
 I have had the fortune to be guest designer and designer for some wonderful scrapbooking companies. My work has also been accepted for publication in online and print mediums. I am so lucky to be designing for one of my favorite manufacturers, 3Birds, who sell a lot through QVC. I also get to indulge my writing passion by being a feature writer and designer for Scrapstreet, an awesome EZine.

No comments:

Post a Comment