Sunday, August 1, 2010

Introducing Lisa Wilbur, August Guest Designer

hi :) i am so excited to share with you that the monthly Guest Designer this month is my good friend Lisa Wilbur.....
here is a picture of her in her scrap room


and here is a little bit about Lisa...

My name is Lisa Wilbur. I've been married for 15 years. We live in NH with our three children, ages 13, 11, and 6. I used to work full time in the accounting field until our oldest, my son, began having seizures. It took 2 years for me to realize that he needed my attention more than work did. So we went to one income and after 6 years in public school, I finally persuaded my husband that homeschool was best for our son. I started scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my daughter (middle child). What else could I do on bed rest? Then with one boy and one girl, I thought I was done. I went through surgeries and recovered well, but this left me no options for more children. I thought I was all set...after all, I had my one boy...one girl.

Then God changed me. It amazes me how many children out there need forever homes. Then my younger daughter was adopted. We had a long spiritual journey waiting for doors to open to meet our youngest. Through that journey, I was able to scrapbook everything...creating those forever memories that some people choose to forget. Now we wait, with one boy...two girls...thinking in our minds it's enough, but knowing in our hearts there's more.

I love to scrapbook and take pictures. I recently graduated to a DSLR in attempts to capture beyond what the eye can see. It amazes me how many little bugs are just waiting to be captured in a snap. Things I would have screamed at a few years back, I'm actually taking pictures of now! It's a game with my children...what will mom take a picture of now? My husband hopes I take this from competing in fairs to a career. Can't be a stay-at-home mom forever...or can I?


and here are some peeks of her beautiful work this month~




make sure you stop by her blog and to check out more of her work...

No comments:

Post a Comment