Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fun challenge!!

If you haven't checked out the forum, I can guarantee you're missing out! We have a lot of fun chatting there, with weekly discussion topics, challenges, and projects, so be sure to stop by! One of the challenges this month is by our very talented DT Coordinator Lisa - she challenges us to incorporate not one, but TWO banners on a LO! And the walk in the park kit is perfect this month since the stickers include a banner already made. Again, even though I didn't get to create with this lovely kit, I just had to get my hands on this Echo Park pp - Beth always picks stuff that is a total must-have for me!

Well, here is the page I created for the challenge, and another example of what you can do with this adorable kit. Even though the colors are fresh and the pp design is modern, you can still easily adapt it to a vintage photo LO! To go along with the challenge, I put the sticker banner up top, and converted the pp banner going across into more of a real banner by adding floss across the top, to give it that banner feel. Fun!





If you got the other kit from this month and not this one, don't despair :) Making your own banners is super easy! Just cut out little triangles and you're good to go! This is a card I made with the summertime kit, and I made a little banner by cutting out triangles and accenting with stickles. You don't even have to be too exact when making the triangles.


If you're wondering about making the cute cupcake, it's super easy as well - just accordion fold a little scrap of pp and glue it down. For the top, I used the mini cupcake chipboard set by Maya Road that's in the store - I just took one of the cupcake tops, colored it, and attached with foam dots. A cute little gem on top for the cherry, and viola!

2 comments: