Monday, April 5, 2010

April's Guest Designer



Hi everyone, I'm Ilene Tell and I'm so happy and excited to be joining Scraptacular's talented DT for the month of April! I have been scrapbooking or about 5 years and I love everything about it. You can get to know me a little bit better by visiting my BLOG. Thank you Beth!

You can imagine how excited I was to get the wonderful April kit in the mail. The papers were absolutely adorable with bright and cheerful spring colors. I really loved the die-cut borders on several of the sheets. I love any pp that looks like a frame and this fit the bill. I also enjoyed the pre-made titles. Way to go MME with making things easy on us! LOL

Even though this line was super cute, it was a bit of a departure away from my usual somewhat distressed style. So I wanted to share another LO I made with the kit (yep - 4 LO's and a card, and still plenty left over to make several more LO's - the kit is PACKED!). This LO demonstrates that if you have bright happy papers but want to go for a more grungy/distressed look, it's very easy to alter them to fit your tastes. I used a color spray (you can use glimmer mist or anything else) to alter the look of these papers. This one is called, "The Littlest Birds Sing The Prettiest Songs". This one is of my DD when she was first born. In fact, I used my whole kit to just scrap pics of DD. I just couldn't help myself :)







No comments:

Post a Comment